WELCOME EVERYONE!

Topics that don't belong anywhere else, your basic catch-all.
Site Admin
Title: Huh?
Pronouns: he/they

WELCOME EVERYONE!

Post by undeadorion » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:35 pm

Hello everyone and welcome to the brand new ComixRiot!

With such a sparse forum, you might be wondering...what the heck even is this place? Couldn't this have been a discord server?

ComixRiot is here to fill a gap in the world of internet based comics, both for creators and readers. Most platforms like Comic Fury, Tapas, etc have their own community spaces along with buit-in discoverability. On some sites that chance is miniscule, but it's not zero. Self hosted comics, however, don't have anything like that. There used to be tons of sites just like this where we could congregate, but in time it all shifted to twitter and other social media type places. Which for most is the equivalent of tossing slips of paper into the river and hoping someone sees it.

While discord servers are great, I wanted the sort of place that you could browse without needing to join. Poke around without a bit announcing your presence and needing to agree to rules before you even fully know where you are. A place that could be archived and searched and linked to. But more importantly, I wanted a place that wasn't completely 100% real time. The sort of place where you can leave a conversation for a day or two and pick it up where you left off without needing figure out what everyone's talking about now.

Partially, this forum exists out of missing those old gathering places. But mostly, it exists because every new shift of twitter as a platform is throwing creators to the wind and every landing place is rife with issues these days.

So welcome to whatever this will become. I hope I can make it at least a comfortable place to be.

My name is Orion, and I created this place. The mods assisting me currently are Deo and Squimoo.

Please, take a look around. Poke at the forums. Drop a thread in the introuctions subforum. And I hope you enjoy your stay!

DAE avatar
Title: hai ヾ(≧ ▽ ≦)ゝ
Pronouns: any

Re: WELCOME EVERYONE!

Post by heyguys » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:30 pm

heyoo ( ̄︶ ̄)↗ nice to be here cant wait to see everyone's comics :0

Site Admin

Post by undeadorion » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:43 pm

Hey heyguys! Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here

Title: Comics Believer
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Gweaming » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:10 pm

Insanely excited for this, totally agree with the "why not a discord?" post. I came here from your post on Bluesky. I hope lots of people join!
Looking to interview members of the FGC (fighting game community) for a comic. PM me if you play/played fighting games!

Site Admin

Post by undeadorion » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:00 am

Heck yeah! I'm so excited that people are finding their way here, finally! I tried getting the word out on twitter for a while, but that didn't work so well. Hopefully more will follow, soon!