Creator's thread clarification?

Rules, FAQs, technical issues, general forum questions. Look here for anything regarding the function of the forum itself.
Title: Comics Believer
Pronouns: she/her

Creator's thread clarification?

Post by Gweaming » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:02 pm

Hello!

If I am creating or plan to create multiple comics, would I apply to have threads for each one, or is the idea for each individual creator to have a thread pertaining to all their comics? I think I need clarification regarding the distinction between creator threads & comic threads.
Looking to interview members of the FGC (fighting game community) for a comic. PM me if you play/played fighting games!

Site Admin
Title: Huh?
Pronouns: he/they

Re: Creator's thread clarification?

Post by undeadorion » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:53 pm

Thanks for asking! In the comics forum it is 1 thread per comic you produce, not per creator. It's other subforums (like merch and sketchbook) that are meant to be 1 thread per creator. I hope that clears things up!

Title: A cryptid lizard creature making comics.
Pronouns: he/she/they

Post by k0yfish » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:57 pm

Hoping for a lil more clarification myself too.

We can just add a basic link to our site, yeah?

Would you guys happen to have an 88x31 button or logo we can add to our site to link?
A basic link is fine, but I think having a unique button that we can add to our site would also draw eyes to this forum more! (Also I just love the old fashioned 88x31 button designs, and would love to add one to my site ^_^)

Site Admin

Post by undeadorion » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:17 am

k0yfish wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:57 pm Hoping for a lil more clarification myself too.

We can just add a basic link to our site, yeah?

Would you guys happen to have an 88x31 button or logo we can add to our site to link?
A basic link is fine, but I think having a unique button that we can add to our site would also draw eyes to this forum more! (Also I just love the old fashioned 88x31 button designs, and would love to add one to my site ^_^)
I knew I was forgetting something! I'll get some banners together later this week, now that the site's getting some traffic!

For now, a plain old text link will do.

Site Admin

Post by undeadorion » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:25 am

Gweaming wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:02 pm Hello!

If I am creating or plan to create multiple comics, would I apply to have threads for each one, or is the idea for each individual creator to have a thread pertaining to all their comics? I think I need clarification regarding the distinction between creator threads & comic threads.
AH! I see now why you were confused. When I'd set up the request forum, I'd been thinking of structuring the forum differently. When I changed to the one thread per comic structure I updated that forum but forgot to go back and update the request forum. I've fixed the request forum's name and description.

If you see anything else that seems off, please let me know. It's so easy to overlook things when you're neck deep in it, you know?

Title: Comics Believer
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Gweaming » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:43 am

Thank you! That makes sense. I appreciate all the work that's going into this site- hope to have my stuff ready to be linked soon.
Looking to interview members of the FGC (fighting game community) for a comic. PM me if you play/played fighting games!

Title: A cryptid lizard creature making comics.
Pronouns: he/she/they

Post by k0yfish » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:33 pm

undeadorion wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:17 am
I knew I was forgetting something! I'll get some banners together later this week, now that the site's getting some traffic!

For now, a plain old text link will do.
Awesome! I'll add a link this week then! Hyped to see some buttons/banners!